Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 18/ Week 10 Cambodia: Land of Ice Cream and Chess

Side note: All of the Birthday wishes from Facebook were sent to Braden, and Several Family Home Evening members from his BYU ward wrote him. Two packages were sent to him from His Mom, and Tom and his Mom... Pens, paper, markers, Reese Puffs (a favorite of Braden's), Oreos, Notebooks, Ensigns, sucking candy, pictures of the Savior, painting by Hannah, cake mix, frosting, candles....

Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Cumriapsua!!!!!

To start of I want to thank all of you for helping make my birthday fantastic. Thank you for all the birthday wishes and the prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

So last P-day after I emailed you all Elder Noot and I ate some good food. We actually had pizza!! So good. We followed that by going to Swenson's again. Haha I admit I LOVE Swenson's. This time I got an Earthquake. The Earthquake has 8 scoops of ice cream with tones of whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and cherries. It was SO good. Haha and yes. I finished it :D.

The rest of the week we did a lot of contacting and some teaching. It was a tough week though as it was voting week and people were busy.

We did get to teach two less actives this week together. Their names are Soksan and Khoon. Soksan has been to church 3 of the last 4 weeks!!!! Khoon we are still working on but Soksan is helping now. They both know a ton of doctrine of the church though and are both really smart. They have testimonies. The key is just getting them to act upon them.

Yesterday, we had a miracle at church. Since everyone was voting yesterday nobody was working so we had a total of 5 less actives come!!!! It was so cool!!! They really have a desire to go to church. Work is a big reason people don't come though.

Something fun this week though, I played a Khmae man about 40 in Khmae chess. Haha I was very humbled and loved playing and learning from him.
Well this week was just tommattaa (normal). I love you all so much and may God be with you.

Love,
Elder Johnson

Elder Noot and I in our raincoats :D They are wonderful

Crazy Pioneer Day Party
BATMAN KID!!!
Don't you love how fat this dog is???

OREOS!!!
Yay for walking through muddy water :D

No comments: