Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 10/Week 2 Cambodia!!!!

Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:27 pm

Where to start? Hmm so much to talk about. Haha well this week has been amazing! I love Cambodia! So my trainer, Elder Noot, is the best trainer I could have asked for. Getting to know him has been like getting to know myself! We love all the same things and it is really weird at how well we get along :). He is from Pleasant Grove, UT and went to BYU Hawaii for college. He has been in the field for about 8 months now. He is the youngest trainer currently and is a stud :). He is half Korean and loves having fun with me. One thing we do is play Chinese Chess! We have two chess boards so that us and our Vietnamese speaking Elders (roommates) can all play together. We play it while eating lunch or dinner or after we return to the apartment at nights. It is so much fun. Tom, you would loooove this game. Reminds me of our chess, stratego, go moments :).

Last P-Day after emailing we went shopping at a market then at a convenience store. I got some sunglasses (FINALLY!!!), a kromaa (spelling?) (a cool thing that I use to wipe my sweat and dry my clothes, and hold my super cold water bottle when it is frozen), and we bought a lot of food. Some food we got: cereal and milk, PB + J sandwiches, and NUTELLA!!!!! They have it here! I totally have been eating American food this week :D. Haha.

You all might be thinking if we do any missionary work. We do a lot actually. We have no investigators still. We have been out contacting a lot though and have talked to countless numbers of people. They just don't ever answer their phones out here :P. The most common excuse they have is that they are too busy. I hear that about every other person we talk to. Haha. We do a lot of CBR book hunting. Which is we are trying to meet every member (active and less active) in our area. We then try to teach the less actives. We have met twice with Bong Khoon. He is less active and is a moto-dope (likes motobikes). But He absolutely loves the scriptures. We are working with him to return to church. I think he might soon. We also have met Jumbo...yeah that's what we were told to call him. He is an English teacher...kinda. We taught him in English haha. I still didn't understand everything. Jumbo...is the most worldly person I have ever met. Let's just say that he likes money and has friends in high places..... Yeah it was an awkward meeting.

Yesterday it rained for the first time that I had to ride in :) really hard too. BUT I had my awesome raincoat from Mr. Mac's!!! Yeah! I was dry while my comp was soaked hahaha but It was so nice to feel rain on my face.

The Spirit is so amazing. I can feel it when I bear my testimony and teach the truths of the gospel. I know that this church is true. I know Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the church. I know Jesus Lives. I testify this to be true. I love this mission and I know I have been called here by the Lord.

May God be with you until next time.

Love,

Elder Johnson
Me hugging a ginormous tree

Me with a huge Watt (Buddhist temple building)

Elder Barker on the right and Elder Vu on left
(Vietnamese speaking)

Me and Elder Noot


Our house from the street

With Elder Spencer Lee

A Tuk-tuk

Me eating cereal while playing Chinese Chess :D

No comments: