Monday, July 1, 2013

Week...5? Wow

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:20 am

Hello Everybody!!

Wow 5 weeks already? I just passed my halfway mark through the MTC this past Sat. It has gone by so fast. I've been here a month...1/24 of my mission is gone! Caum!!! (Woah in Cambodian) (sounds like jome!). Haha so this week has been crazy and fun and slightly painful. Oh and SO SPIRITUAL!!!

So after I emailed you all last week I had a fantastic day. Went to the temple and it being P-Day and all. But the best part was that Elder Scott came to speak to us!!! It was so cool!. He said that "We are called to SUCCEED not to Fail." It is so true. He taught us about being in constant communication with Heavenly Father and he blessed us that we will be able to learn our languages and succeed. He actually promised that to us after the closing song and before the closing prayer (he ran up before the Sister who was saying the prayer could start). So inspiring. We had our district devotional testimony meeting after and I totally used the song "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee." I almost sang it haha. God will NEVER leave us and He will always be there to help us. So that was Tuesday right?.

Thursday was pretty rough. For those who don't know i am TERRIFIED of shots. I absolutely hate them. It just so happened I had to get the second shot to both the Japanese something or other and the Hep A. The first one I barely felt so I was like yes I can do it. Then the second one was big. haha. Absolutely hated it. But luckily I didn't get a sore shoulder :). Haha. Oh Mom!!! I also saw Jalyn Macedone then. It was wonderful and she said you look wonderful :). Of course you do. Friday was a rough day too. Fridays are always the worst. You still have another day before Sunday and you are just burned out. But it was really cool too. We got to become "investigators" or people who other companionship's in the district taught in Cambodian. You were encouraged to be someone you knew really well whether member or not so that you could act just like them. Well guess who I was? You're right! My brother Cutler!!! It was so much fun to be you brother. I felt so much closer to you. I even drew one of your funny little pictures with the buck teeth and curly hair. I named the picture "Choncho" ;). Was that good enough? Hopefully. It was so wonderful to be you. I get to do it again tomorrow!!! So much fun. I love you bro.

So the last exciting day was Sunday. First one as being a Zone Leader and it was so much fun. Got a ton of meetings and all but it was so wonderful. Just like being 2nd councilor in the Elder's Quorum all over agian. The best part of the week is on Sundays, Temple Walks. We have an hour on Sunday to go walk around the Provo Temple. it is the most refreshing time of the week and it totally calms me down and prepares me for the coming week. You just feel so much better and stronger. Later that night we had Devotional. It was amazing!!! The BYU Men's Chorus came and I got to see Josh Frei, Cameron Raps, and Xander Moffitt all from my BYU ward. Haha. I almost cried hugging them. They are some of the most amazing people that I have ever met. We did several musical numbers together and I miss it. But what spiritual and wonderful experiences did we have together. Oh and one of my teachers, Locruu (teacher in cambodian) Mickelson was in it too. Haha. Oh not to mention that I got FRONT ROW SEATS was fantastic. I kinda had to give the opening prayer for the devotional to get those seats though. Haha. Boy, I say boy was that a nerve racking prayer. I stumbled along. I should have done it in Cambodian haha. Anyway it was amazing still. The spirit was SO strong during that devotional. Music is the best way to communicate and bring the spirit I believe. I felt wonderful the entire time. I am so happy that they came. After the devo we saw the movie the Testaments! Remember how whenever I was sick on Sundays and couldn't go to churhc I would watch that movie, mom? Yeah. So good. Again i almost started crying. haha. I loved it. I KNOW that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior. I KNOW that He LIVES!!! And He is always with us through anything. I love it so much. I love being on a mission. It will be the best two years of my life. haha.

I don't know if I told you before but my room is TOTALLY the Best Two Years Elders. I am obviously Elder Johnson, my companion, Elder Plothow, is Elder Van Pelt. We both got bottom bunks like they do in the movie. And then Elder Clark is Elder Rogers and he has the top bunk like Elder Rogers. And then Elder Clawson is Elder Calhoun. It is SO funny. haha. I wish I saw that movie one more time. CUTLER!!! Watch it for me :). Thanks buddy.

So I just want to say thank you all again for the wonderful letters and emails. It is so amazing to hear from all of you. Connor, you sound like you're growing so much. You have been such a wonderful example. Thank you. Well until next time, may God be with you.

Love, Elder Johnson

No comments: