Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 16 / Week 8 Cambodia: Land of OREOS!!!!!!

Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:21 PM

Yes.  I did just say that Cambodia is the land of Oreos!  :D


Elder Noot and I have started this tradition in order to stay sane. We eat one sleeve of oreos every night :D.  It is the most relaxing (and probably a little fattening) thing to do at night.  But we love

it so much.  Haha

Now what Cambodia really is probably land of is alcohol and smoking. Elder Noot and I make a pretty good pair because he almost dies from the smell of alcohol and I almost die from the smell of cigarette smoke.  Together, we are almost always dying.  :)  Alcohol is the biggest enemy of the mission in Cambodia.  When investigators or

members go inactive it is usually because of alcohol.  I hate alcohol.  You never want to contact people at night because everyone is drinking.  Did you know that Asians have the lowest tolerance rate for alcohol?  So after one little can of beer they are usually partly drunk if not all the way.  I love Cambodians, just not alcohol.

Anyway, this week was just a lot of meetings and contacting and being really tired.  It was a lot of fun though.  Elder Noot and I did a wonderful study of Ammon and Aaron and the way that they taught King Lamoni and his father.  We decided to teach exactly like them and it is fantastic.  We have had several good lessons with it.


Food: food here is good...most of the time.  I'm still not brave enough to eat coagulated pig's blood... but most other stuff is good :).  Haha Elder Noot and I actually make a lot of stuff... a lot of non-Cambodian food.  We actually made pasta with alfredo sauce earlier this week!!! Oh I miss alfredo.  We then followed it up by making peach cobbler!!!! SO GOOD.   Haha we did actually make curry though so we did make some native food :).


We had exchanges this week with our District Leader.  Our DL happens to be the Assistant to the President as well so the APs split up with companions.  Elder Sorenson is really cool and fun.  We had a good day.


One fantastic experience was when Elder Noot and I were contacting. We found a family who has 2 electric keyboards and an electric guitar!!! We found them because we saw that the father who knows music had written music notes on a whiteboard!!!  I was super excited.  I was reminded of Music Theory Class and I was super happy.


Well that's all for this week.  I love you all.  Alma 4:19!


Love,

Elder Johnson

No comments: