Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 7!!!!!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:25 am

Dear Everybody,

I leave the MTC in less than 2 weeks now!!!!! At least I should unless some unforseen problem comes up. So hopefully there are none. This letter will probably be short again because the MTC is a very repetitive part of the mission and most of it is studying the language and the gospel, which is fantastic but is, well, repetitive.

So first I want to say thank you SO much for the love and the letters and the goodies that are sent on my behalf. I know that the prayers that are said for me are answered. I mean I couldn't have learned this language without the help and prayers of all of you. Thank you so much. A highlight this week was TRC on Saturday. TRC is where volunteers come to the MTC and we teach them as who they are (they don't act and usually are members). The Cambodian speaking volunteers are mostly RMs. This week we taught David Olsen. He is asian and served in Cambodia. He is wonderful. We taught him about Church attendance and how it blesses us. One question that I asked was amazing. Not the question but his reply. I asked him what blessings/ how he feels when he goes to church. He then gave his testimony about how it made him feel and he knows that church blesses him so much and makes him feel stronger and more loved by the Savior. David started crying and I was on the verge of it too. The spirit was so powerful and strong. I loved it.

Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was fantastic. We had the MTC Presidency speak to us and it was fantastic. It was my last week as Zone leader for they want to share the leadership positions as much as possible in the MTC. I sang This Is the Christ in sacrament meeting and though I wasn't a Josh Groban I sure did feel the spirit and the truthfulness of what I sang about. It is such a wonderful song and I love it. That was my testimony that day. Later that day Chad Lewis came to speak to us. For those who don't know he went to Orem High, played football at BYU and in the NFL and went to the Superbowl. He loved to jump over people. It was so great.

I know that Jesus Christ Lives and that he loves us.

One of my teachers this week told us about how we are the "Workbenches of the Spirit." That we need to prepare ourselves to have the tools that the spirit needs to use that day. We need to be organized and help the spirit do its job. I loved this so much and I am trying to be a better organized and prepared "Workbench."

So this week was really spiritual and fantastic. We are now writing all in script (trying to) and are preping for the field now. I can't wait to get out there. I love this work so much. I KNOW that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that God created a Plan for us to return to Him. I am out here to bring families together for eternity. I love it. I know it is true and I know that Heavenly Father knows that I know it is true. I love the Book of Mormon. Especially 3 Nephi and Alma 18 (I've been reading this chapter in script, so fun). Ammon is such a great example for me as a missionary. Go read it and learn from him.

I love you all. May God be with you until next time.

Love,

Elder Johnson

No comments: