Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 14- Week 6 1/8th of the way done with my mission?!?!?!

Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow. I'm already 1/8th of the way done with my mission. How can it be? It has gone so fast!!! Missions really are the fastest weeks, months, and years of you life! (the days are long though hahaha). It feels just like last week I arrived in Cambodia.

It wasn't a very eventful week. As I said in my last email we had 9 new investigators. We still have a few but it is so hard to get appointments with them. We also may have to drop a few because one of them just like to "sit and play" which means just talk and tease my white/red skin, pointy nose, and anything else she can talk about. Haha oh well. Another investigator just wants money from the church. A lot of people here think that they will get money if they join the church. Apparently some Korean churches do that so it is sometimes frustrating.

We did have an awesome lesson though with one of our investigators. His name is Bunlua and he is awesome. He was a taxi driver and now is retired. He started learning with the missionaries before us because he just wanted to "squal" or know more about Christianity. He said he was hardcore Buddhist to them. But now he is praying and he is actually excited to read the Book of Mormon. It is soooo cool because he is more educated and he GETS it. He might not believe but he gets that if the Book of Mormon is true then this is the true church. SO excited for him!

Near the end of the week I caught a cold here :P. Who knew you could get colds in a place that drops no less than 80 degrees F??? Ugh. Haha but it has been a wonderful experience too. I was consigned to get more sleep and my companion is the BEST because as I would rest he would make me stew and soup and he orders me to rest sometimes too :) haha. Elder Noot is the best!

Yesterday night was transfer calls night. We made a pork pot roast to eat while waiting for the calls. As it turns out me and Elder Noot will be staying companions but our two Viet roommates (one is actually Vietnamese) are both being transferred. The Vietnamese one is being transferred back to Hanoi, Vietnam. We will miss them and their food.

Well, that is all for this week. Love you all so much!!! Return with Honor!!!! Serve with No Regrets!!!!!

Love,

Elder Johnson











No comments: