Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 19/ Week 11 Cambodia: Kingdom of Wonders (that really is the nickname of Cambodia)

Sunday, August 4, 2013 8:50 PM

Another Email from the Kingdom of Wonders. Weather report: hot and humid with lots of clouds and a 90% chance of showers later tonight. Time: 9:30 am local. Drink of the day: Coke (or beer if you are not a member).

Each week it feels like we have a lot of appointments cancel or not show up but at the end of the week I feel blessed for what we did do. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you were committed to bringing the gospel to others even though lots of things fell through.

Even though things fall through we are having success. This upcoming Sunday we have our first scheduled baptism. Her name is Sok Aang (yes all you Avatar fans it is pronounced the same :)). She has been a golden investigator. Her husband who already is a member wanted her to join and she has been committed since the first lesson. She really is so wonderful and we are so excited for her.

Now for you who believe that being in a hot, humid area will help you keep your weight down, let me tell you: haha nope. Eating rice for most of your meals doesn't help you lose weight. I totally thought that I would have no problem losing weight and would have to worry about being to skinny. The only skinny people here are the ones who have had a bacteria infection and throw up a lot. Most other people have the beer bellies. Haha.

So Elder Noot and I are the teachers for the beginning English class we teach every Wednesday night. This past week we had an awesome gospel lesson (the class is 1 hr of English and 30 minutes of gospel lesson). For gospel lesson I had Rothana (a 22 year old young man) come up and help us be an example for us. I used him as an example as a person who got into some trouble. Every time he did something wrong in the story I smeared peanut butter on his face to say that he wasn't clean anymore. He needed to repent to get clean. It was a great lesson. (I got this idea from my grandma who did this on my face for one FHE a couple years ago :)).

We contacted lots of people this week and have a few good potential

investigators. I am starting to be able to understand a lot more now but some days it is just really hard. It is a very cool language.

I did have an awesome dream this past week that was really cool. I pretty much was Nephi in the book of Helaman preaching to the people to repent from his garden tower. Only I was on a fountain instead and preaching to a market. I did say though "Oh ye wicked and abominable people, repent!" Haha thought it was really cool :).

Well that is about all I got for this week. I know that this is where I need to be right now. I love this work. The field really is ripe for harvest. The Savior loves each of us and I know that He Lives. May God hold you all in the palm of his hand.

Love,
Elder Johnson

MEAT LOTS OF MEAT!!!!!

Me with lotus flowers behind me and my awesome helmet!!!

Beautiful Lotus Flower 

               
Elder Noot riding through the jungles of Cambodia :D
THE HORN OF GONDOR!!!! Boromir!!!

A cute puppy of a member
Me in the jungles of Cambodia :)

No comments: