Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 23/ Week 15 Cambodia: Land of Change

Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Dear Peoples of other Places besides Cambodia,

Well everyone, it has come. I have been transferred!!! Yes. I am no longer with my awesome trainer but I am with another awesome companion named Elder Lyman. He is Zone Leader and is a super hard worker and is fantastic. He one of the biggest missionaries we have :) haha so he's big and I'm little. Super fun. He loves sports (football and basketball), loves music (Les Mis and the Forgotten Carols for example), and loves being a missionary. He is so wonderful.

So let me go through the week a little. I didn't get the call to be Emergency Transferred (when you transfer not on a regular transfer date) until Tuesday night. I had proselyted with Elder Noot and Vuat until then. I was tranferred Thursday morning so I could teach English class on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun and I taught well my last time. I got to say goodbye to my recent convert Sok Eang who I baptized. We got to teach them one last lesson and as she said the closing prayer I peeked and saw her, her already member husband, her 12 year old son, and newborn baby. I pictured them in all white, sealed in the temple. It was a beautiful sight.

So Thursday morning I packed everything I had into a tuk-tuk and headed to the mission home to meet Elder Lyman. We planned for the week once we got home. Oh our home is HUGE!!!! It's got 4 floors plus a balcony. 3 bedrooms, 2 storage rooms, a kitchen, two huge living rooms, and 6 bathrooms!!! It rocks!

My new area is on the opposite side of the city than my last. My area is now near the north west side of the city. It is called Tukthla (duck tla). We have like 5 investigators with a baptismal date the coming month. All of them are super good too. I have already gotten close to them and am so happy to teach them. I love learning from Elder Lyman. He is a great teacher and is always helping the investigator or member do better. We also do lots of less active work too. We had one less active come back yesterday to church. Less active work is so fun. I used to never think about working with less active members before my mission but you do it just as much as with investigators.

Something funny about my new Zone is that we have 4 Johnsons in it. We have Elder and Sister Johnson, a really old, crazy senior couple. We get to translate for them once a week so I got to ride in their really nice car. Ahhh cars. AC and automatic drive. Boy do I miss driving my car Harold. haha Anyways (Uncle Greg that is for you ;)) we have the Johnson senior couple, then there is Elder Johnson the II, he has been out for a year now, and I am Elder Johnson the III. All the Johnsons are in one zone now. Johnson Zone!!!

Finally we had Sunday. Sunday is my favorite day of the week as well as Monday. The Sacrament is so much more to me now than it ever has been. Every week I WANT the sacrament and I realize I NEED it. The sacrament is so much more than just making us clean from our sins. It can give us strength to help us do better, be better, be stronger to resist temptation and overcome evil. We can receive help from on high to make ourselves claeaner, happier, and stronger. More loving, kind, obedient, diligent, and virtuous. I know it is so important. I love it and I hope you grow to love it too.

Well that's all I got. Love you all so much and miss you. Thank you for all the prayers.

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments: