Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 29/Week 21 Battambang: Land of the lost Magic Stick Sunday October 20, 2013

Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Battambang: Land of the lost Magic Stick

So Bat in Khmae means to lose and Tambang means magic stick. Apparently there is a legend of a god who was fighting near Phnom Penh a long time ago. He used a magic wand. but then he lost it and went looking for it. He found it here and so he stayed here. That's the legend.

This one will be kinda short because today we are going to a mountain and we have to leave earlier.

This week was AMAZING!!! Mainly because I got to watch General Conference. I loved it SO much but more on that later.

This week started with an exchange. I went to another area in Battambang with Elder Lao. He is just in his first transfer in the mission field but his mom is Cambodian so he understands them already he just is practicing his speaking now. We had a fun time. We served in his area so I don't know the people but we had good member help and investigators. We got lost haha so a member had to come save us :).

This week Elder Khlot and I prepared people for baptism next week. Unfortunately, 3 of them drank beer this week so they are pushed back for a little while longer. But we got 3 of them ready for interviews. They are all young boys almost 12. One of each of their parents are members already. They are all super sweet.

OH we had to go to the hospital this week to help a member. She had some intestinal thingy that bothered her and she was pretty sick but they helped her. It was cool because our new senior couple came to pay the bill and I had to translate being the only fluent English speaker who kind of understands Khmae :). It was a blessing that I understood some of what the doctors said. Also my companion helped me.

While I was at the hospital I weighed myself. I have gained 2 lbs in Battambang!!! I am now a whopping 152 lbs. When I started my mission I was 136 lbs. Wow!!!!

This week we got to watch conference. That was the highlight of my week. There is so much I could talk about but I don't have enough time. I will just talk about my favorite talk which was President Uchtdorf's during Priesthood Session. I LOVED it so much. I am sure on Facebook his meme of "Rise Up" is going around. That is now one of my mottos or sayings. Rise Up!!! And become a Son of God. Rise Up and spread the Gospel. I love it so much. It was such a pick-me-up talk. It helped me so much and it was my favorite :).

So I had a wonderful week and it is looking to be another wonderful week this week. I miss you all so much. I love you mom and dad. You two are such wonderful examples to me. Remember "You can do it now! Rise Up!" I love you all so much. Until next time, may God hold you in the palm of His hands.

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments: